Alison Hiller Excellence Merit Award
The Alison Hiller Excellence Fund was established by the Hiller Family Foundation in honor of Alison Hiller, SIU alumna and former Achieve Program member. The purpose of this fund is to provide assistance to students enrolled in the Achieve Program with their required program fees. The award comprises Achieve Program fees for a minimum of one semester. Each recipient may receive the award a total of two full semesters.
Selection is competitive. Students must submit an application for every semester that they are seeking support. Students must also meet the following criteria:
- Student must be enrolled full time (minimum 12 hours) as an undergraduate student.
- Student must have previously received Achieve Program services for a minimum of one semester.
- Student must have logged a minimum of 80 service hours during a previous semester enrolled in Achieve.
- Student must have a current minimum term and cumulative GPA of 2.50 at SIU.
- Preference will be given to students who have a proven record of academic progress towards the completion of a baccalaureate degree in any major at SIU.
Achieve students are encouraged to submit an formal application letter to the Director, Dr. Arlene Tan. Applications must be made by May 6th to be considered for funding in the Fall semester of the same year. The application must include a personal statement about what Achieve means to you, how Achieve has helped you, and how this award will benefit you. Include your name, email address, major, GPA, and year of study in your letter.